For the maths learning today there is a video link - https://vimeo.com/485550430 and an accompanying worksheet linked to the learning. This lesson follows on from the maths lesson delivered in class yesterday.
This week we will be looking at poetry.
1. Read through the different 'Anatomy' poems - Which did you like? Why? Which didn't you enjoy? Why? Rank the poems from best to worst. Have a go at learning one of the poems and performing it for your family!
2. Similes, metaphors, personification and onomatopoeia are all language features used in poetry.
Look at the different PowerPoints and activities to better understand these features.
Have a go at writing your own examples of each.
This week we start our new topic 'Amazing Anatomy'.
Here are some tasks:
1. Research the circulatory system. There are many websites available to do this. Here are a few:
2. Draw and label a anatomically correct heart or lungs.
3. Read the PowerPoint on Medieval medicine and make a poster.
4. Read the PowerPoint on this term's artist Damien Hirst.
5. In PSHE, our new topic is 'Hopes and Dreams'. Imagine you are a famous person in your chosen career. Write a speech explaining how you achieved your dream.
6. Below is a word search using science vocabulary that we will cover this half term.
Treeton C of E Primary School,
Wood Lane Treeton,
Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5QS